Early Education Grant (Funding)
- Funding is provided by the Government through the Early Education Grant entitling all 3 and 4-year-olds in England to 570 hours of free early education / childcare a year.
- At Plume Avenue Nursery, children are entitled to 15 hours worth of funding per week (up to 38wks/year).
- This funding becomes available the term after your child's 3rd birthday.
|Child's birthday||When you can claim|
|1st January to 31st March||the beginning of term on or after 1st April|
|1st April to 31st August||the beginning of term on or after 1st September|
|1st September to 31st December||the beginning of term on or after 1st January|
- Parents / carers do not have to access all 15 hours, although any hours attended over those claimed will be subject to charge at our standard hourly rate.
- Registration for this funding is done by the Setting.
- Please note (taken from Early Education Grant contract):
"If a parent decides they want to increase the number of hours their child is accessing after the funding has been claimed, the nursery may charge the parents for the interim period only, as no late claims can be made in this
instance. This also prohibits parents utilising any unclaimed entitlement with another provider for that term. Further details of this are covered in the Parent Agreement Form."
- Thirty Hours Funding : Depending on individual circumstances some families may qualify for the extended funding hours, thus providing up to 30 hours / week. The additional free hours will be available to families where:
- Both parents are in work (as defined below) and for single parents where the sole parent is in work.
- 'In work' means in employment (including self-employment) and earning more than the equivalent of the National Minimum Wage for working 16 hours a week.
- Each parent must earn less than £100,000 per year.
- One parent must be 'in work' if the other receives disability benefit or benefits related to caring responsibilities.
You will need to apply for this yourself. For further information please visit the Essex County Early Years Website.