Our Aims & Objectives
Our aim at Plume Avenue Nursery is to provide a safe, happy and stimulating environment in which your child can feel safe and secure, develop to their full potential and most of all, have fun.
It is our intention to make the nursery genuinely accessible to all children and families from all sections of the local community.
In order to accomplish this we will:
- ensure the existence of the nursery is widely known within the local community,
- arrange the waiting list in order of date of birth,
- describe the nursery and its practices in terms which make it clear that it welcomes both fathers and mothers, other relations and carers, child-minders and people from all cultural, social, ethnic and religious groups, with and without disabilities,
- monitor the gender and ethnic background of children joining the group to ensure that no discrimination is taking place,
- make our equal opportunities policy known,
- have regard to the Code of Practice relating to children with special educational needs,
- welcome and provide appropriate learning opportunities for all,
- encourage consultation with parents / carers to ensure the group is meeting the changing needs of the local community and providing the best possible service.